The simple template is perfect for campaigns where we need to be able to give more information about our project or cause. The donation form is visible as soon as you access the page itself.
Here's an example of a campaign with a Simple template. The text, the image, and the characteristics of the form are fully editable at all times. It also allows you to have a small content section where you can explain the main points of your project or cause.
Here we show you how to create a crowdfunding campaign with your Simple template.
In the BackOffice, once you have accessed your organization's account, you will see the buttons that will allow you to create the different types of campaigns. In this case, you must choose the second one: New donation landing
Once you have chosen the type of campaign, you must fill in the basic data of your campaign:
- Title: This field refers to the title of your campaign. Remember that you can edit it at any time in the General Information tab.
Currency: You must choose the campaign base currency.
Country: This country refers to the country of issuance of the donation certificate. In the event that you are not issuing donation certificates, you will need to choose a country anyway.
Base language: Campaigns can be multi-language, but we must choose a
base language for the campaign and make the translations to the rest of the languages afterward.
Once you have filled in these fields, all the available options for this type of campaign will be displayed. Depending on the type of campaign chosen, the software offers various template possibilities.
Below we go on to detail each of these sections and how you can easily configure them. As you create your campaign, you can view it in your Simple template at all times.
- Pressing the icon of an eye that will appear in the upper left part of the BackOffice.
- In the drop-down menu on the left: Content > Campaign Templates.
1 Title, 2 Description, and 3 Campaign logo:
To enter a title and a brief description of the campaign must be done from Content> General Information.
From general information you can also edit:
- Campaign logo or Picture of the campaign: This logo will appear in the upper left part of the campaign, and in the lower part if you enable the "Contact us" section.
- Text of the Donation Button: Allows you to customize the text of the donation button that appears in section 4.
- Other options: on the right side of General Information (Duration and Objective / Configuration) you have different sections that you can edit, such as a campaign monetary objective, a campaign start, and end date, an objective with intermediate challenges, add a collection bar or show the list of donors, among many other options. Review them carefully and select the ones that best suit your campaign.
4. Donation form
In this section, the information required to inform the campaign objectives will be displayed, as well as the "donation box" or form to be filled out by donors in the donation process.
You can customize the color of the form, the amounts and its description, the donate button, as well as a small explanatory text below it. You can also define the data you want to collect from your donors.
4.1. Color, donation button, and bottom text
- Color: to edit the color go to Configuration> Form> Customisation > General customization> Main Color
- "Donate" button and lower text:
You can edit these texts from Settings> Form> Personalization> Button.
In addition, the personalized phrase, you can establish it in any of the 3 steps of the form (1. choose the amount, 2. data collection, and 3. payment).
To define both the amounts and their associated images and texts, you can do it from Settings> Form> Payments.
You can define the amounts for both one-off and regular donations, and associate an image and a small explanatory text, which you can use to describe the destination of each of these amounts.
You can also choose the amount you want to be selected by default in the form when a donor accesses the campaign.
4.3. Type of form / donation
Access Settings> Form> Data.
Here we can define the type of form we want (registrations or signatures, one-off donations, periodic, mixed ...)
In addition, in this same tab, we can define the type of data that we want to collect from our donors.
In general, there are two types of records:
- Simple data record: where the name, surname, and email of the donor are collected. By default, this is the default record in every form. To this simple record, we can add the identification number and/or the telephone number, with the options that we will find at the bottom.
- Extended data record: in this record, all the data of the simple record will be collected (name, surname, and email) and the postal address, identity number, and telephone number will also be added. The latter will be optional unless we select it as mandatory within the options.
If you need to add one more field, you can add custom extra fields in this data tab, by clicking on Create Field, which you will find at the bottom.
5. Header image:
At the top of the Landing, you can enter a video, an image, or a set of images. To enter this image you must access CONTENT> Header and footer> Header. Here you can choose between entering a video or a set of images.
- Video: to enter the video you need a youtube or Vimeo url. You should know that the video on the cover, due to the browsers themselves, will play without sound, so it is important that you choose a video where the image is given more importance or has subtitles.
- Image or carousel: You can enter one or more images. In the case of entering more than one, they will be displayed every few seconds.
In addition, in this part, you can select if you want the text to be on the left and the donut button on the right, or both are adjusted to the left. ( In line> right; in Block> Left )
6. Information (Story):
In your campaign, you can enter several blocks of information where you can add texts, images, videos, and documents.
To configure the one that will appear at the top you must access CONTENT> Information.
In this template, you will not need to Edit a header because by only admitting a content block you will not need a common title.
However, you can enter infinite stories each one with its own title.
In each Information, you will be able to enter a fully customizable text in terms of size, font, color, etc., and add images, a video, or a document to it.
Once your Story is created you can edit, delete or change its order at any time.
The contact data that appears in the footer shows the data configured at the organization level. If you would like different ones to be shown for your campaign, you can customize them from CONTENT> Organization info:
You can also customize the color from CONTENT> Header and Footer> Footer.
Here you will also find the option to hide this section.